introduction to this project
I'm raising £3,500 in order to help the many students of tomorrows working world that are looking for temporary/part-time jobs whilst at University or College. I believe that in the long-run, we can target all students around the country who are looking to gain a part-time job and earn some money to cover their day-today living expenses and not rely on their parents.
Who we are
We are two Undergraduates reading Economics going into our final year of study. Names being Nathaniel Hester and Richard Abeere-Inga. Bright, innovative and forward-thinking students.
- What are we doing and why?
What we are doing is to help other fellow students attain part-time jobs and also help the businesses in the local find suitable candidates quickly. The reason is because there are thousands upon thousands of students who need the a part-time job to cope with everyday life and would rather not depend on their parents all the time for financial support. However, they cannot find a suitable role or job that fits with their hectic student lives. This is where we step in as a middle man to help improve their CV's, find a suitable job and role that might not be easily accessible due to lack of advertising and prepare candidates for interviews.
- Why is this important to us?
This is particularly important to us as we have personally gone through the struggle of needing a job, however not having the services of a recruitment agency catered purely to students to help us. This meant the duration of the job hunt lasted much longer than expected.
- Why should it be important to yourself? What impact you will have by giving money?
It would be important to a donor as it will allow us to make this happen and grow as quickly as possible as a company to reach more students around the country. The impact of the money given will allow to pay for all the back office work to be covered such as time sheet management, invoicing (contract/permanent), contractor payroll (PAYE/Umbrella/Ltd), credit control, management reporting and year end statutory work along with acting as the accounts department on telephone and email support.
Where will the money go?
- What we will spend the funding on if we hit our minimum?
Back office work to ensure all legal and accounting standards are met.
- Where will the money go if we hit our full target?
Back office works as well as money to cover travel for client meetings.
- What we will do with extra funds if things really take off and we raise more than our target?
Re-invest it back into our company to offer more services such as paying for candidates' travel to and from interviews as we know that most students are on a tight budget.
- How often will we give updates on progress when we're running our project or campaign?
Monthly updates on the number of employers and candidates we have as clients
- Financial breakdown to fully set up Gold Student Recruitment:
- As you can see, most of the funding will go to our back office as it is a crucial part of the business to make sure everything runs smoothly. We will be running it ourselves rather than hiring an employee as it will save us a lot of money despite the increased workload.
Benefits: (Depending on amount given)
- A special shout out on our social media pages
- Networking dinner in January 2018
- Personalised meetings
Find us here
Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: Gold Student Recruitment
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people/students who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help us make this happen for the future generation of the working world.